Together we did it! Proceeds from the 7 previous Colton's Main Street Run were utilized as follows:
- Donated 64 AED's - to the City of Durant, Southeastern Oklahoma State University, all Durant Schools, Bennington, Achille, Colbert, Calera, Silo, Caddo, and Victory Life Schools.
- Provided American Heart Association Heart Saver AED Certification Training to over 550 teachers, coaches and support staff.
- Endowed the Colton Sherrill Memorial Scholarship fund at Southeastern Oklahoma State University providing 39 scholarships to area students.
- Purchased and installed bleachers and player benches at Colton's Field in partnership with the City of Durant and the Durant Soccer Club.
- Supported projects sponsored by Durant Main Street resulting in private downtown reinvestment of more than $15.2 million through streetscape, facade and signage projects and 75,337 volunteer hours
A teacher at Washington Irving Elementary said she wasn't familiar with Colton's Main Street Run but after researching it, said, "I am very impressed with the things supported by this event and I wanted to express my gratitude for the CPR training that was provided to the staff at Washington Irving. This new, life-saving skill makes me feel like a better mother, teacher, and person in general."
Another teacher said, "I have been "certified" online, but it's not the same as having the opportunity to actually practice and get feedback about whether or not it is being done properly. All of us at Robert E. Lee are grateful for the opportunity to do that and I know I feel much better about the safety of my students and my own kids as well as adults. Thank you again for the opportunity we teachers and faculty would otherwise not have had. I hope it never happens, but if we ever do have to perform CPR, that child or adult will have you to thank."